We know CES has been over for a couple of week now but it’s never too late for a recap of one of the best technology events in the world! There are a couple of awesome things we will talk about that came across during CES 2016.
This year was full of highly conceptual innovative products as well as others that we knew just a little about because they were launched months before. Somewhere in between those were products that just don’t fit our budget or have indeterminable launching dates!
Here, at Simple Solutions, we love smart home technology and we like staying up to date with it, why would you stand up to swtich on the lights, when you can do it from your smartphone?
At CES this year, we saw a lot of smart home technology, let’s take a look at our favorite CES 2016 products:
- The family hub refrigerator: it features a 21 inch display on the door to tell you everything that’s going on inside, literally everything. With your Samsung mobile you can check what’s inside your fridge, that way if you are grocery shopping you don’t have to carry a list! Not only that, but the fridge will tell you when the food is about to go bad and the TV on the outside can be used for all kinds of stuff.
- Fibaro Swipe: it’s not a simple picture frame, it has sensors that can turn gestures into home-control actions, so by waving your hand over the panel you can control your lights, your shades, turn a faucet on/off or perform any function that can be managed by a Z-Wave controller. That means that if your are cooking, there is no need to wash your hands if you need to turn on the lights!
- Sensorwake alarm clock: the best way to wake up without a buzzer. This great alarm clock emits concentrated smells that are designed to gently wake you up. There are various odors you can choose from. Can you imagine waking up to the smell of chocolate?
- Cassia Hub: this is a bluetooth router that extends the standard range by up to 1,000 feet and connect as many as 22 Bluetooth- enabled devices. With the companion app you can control all of those devices from anywhere in the world!
- Owlet: a startup, in fact one of the best startups at CES 2016. It cares more about saving lives than saving time. The Owlet Smart Sock is a cute washable baby sock with a pulse oximeter that monitors your baby’s heart rate and blood-oxygen. In the event that something happens, the sock transmits a warning to the smartphone so parents can intervene as quickly as possible.
What we saw at CES is what the future is all about. Technology makes everything better and easier in many areas that we could have never imagined and our homes are falling into tech advances that we might as well take advantage of.